Our Virtual Stock Exchange allows you to practice buying and selling real stocks using our trading game online
for the purpose of gaining experience with stock trading. This
is also known as paper trading or
Virtual Trading FAQ
- It's free, easy, and
- Practice Day Trading, Penny Stocks, Value Investing
- Stocks, Mutual Funds, ETF's, and Indexes (US & Canada)
- Market Orders and Limit Orders!
- Start with $100.00 - $500,000.00 in virtual
- Fun Mode and Realistic Mode
Real-time stock quotes!
(for 2,000 USA stocks; others are delayed)
- Trade stock any time of day or night on our virtual stock market
- Multiple portfolios
- Reset your account at any time
- Adjustable commissions; also earn interest on cash
- Buying Long and Short Selling
- Compete in our Stock Contests!
- It's not real money!
- Some quotes are delayed 15-20 minutes
- No options trading
- If markets are closed we use previous closing price for your
trades (Fun Mode)
- Splits, dividends, symbol changes, etc. are not updated
automatically, so please
Contact Us with any problems
Sign up for a
How to Buy Stocks:
- Log in to your account using your email address and
- Click the "Trade Now" tab.
- Enter the number of shares you want to buy in "#
- Enter the stock symbol in "Symbol" box.
- Click "Trade Now" button.
- Example: Buy 10 shares of MSFT (Microsoft).
How to Sell Stocks:
- Log in to your account, if you haven't already.
- Click on the "Account Summary" tab.
- Find the stock you want to sell and click the "Sell"
link at the far right.
||Amount of cash in your account
available for trading.
||Amount of cash reserved as
collateral for any stocks you have sold short. Our system
requires 50% collateral for the initial short sale value.
||Cash from any short sales
you placed. The brokerage holds this cash in a special
account until you cover your short sale.
||Most brokerages charge a
fee, ranging from $3.00 - $50.00, for each trade (buy
or sell) you make. Our system lets you set your desired
|The amount of money available for
adding new Forex positions.
|The amount of money marked as collateral
for current Forex positions.
Each position requires a certain amount of margin, such as $50 for
a 10K position in a Mini account.
|The sum of the gains and losses of
your current holdings.
||The current value of everything
in your account.
*** For Forex: Account Value must always be above
||This is simply the Account Value
minus the Starting Cash.
Note: Even if your current holdings have a gain but you lost
profits in the past, you may still see a negative Profit overall.
Why are my shares negative? Short-sold
stocks show up as negative values because you are obligated to buy back
those shares from the market and return them to the brokerage.
Sign up for a New
Account here. See our
Virtual Trading FAQ for