After months of development behind the scenes, the new version of HowTheMarketWorks is now live and available for all users to test out!
New features we’ve added in this major update:
- Users can now join as many contests as they like! You are no longer limited to just 3.
- Trade execution time is much faster – this means that the rankings are more accurate and there is no way for any users to “cheat the system”.
- The current live quote is now on the trading page for each stock, so users do not need to preview their order before having an idea of how much the trade will cost
- Charts have been added to the Trading page so you can get a clear view of the stock’s performance for the current trading day
- Private contest forums where groups can post messages visible only to other members of their contest
We have also added a shop where users can buy HowTheMarketWorks merchandise like t-shirts and coffee mugs. This is the only part of the site that is not completely free, but everyone is encouraged to buy some merch to support our team!
The site has been fully re-built from the ground up with dozens more smaller updates around the site, see if you can find them all!
The site is still being tested to iron out all the kinks – the old version of the site will stay at www.howthemarketworks.com, we will have the new version at new.www.howthemarketworks.com, and everyone is invited to join in for testing. We will be holding our Official November Contest on the new site, with $500 in prizes available to the top finishers. Your portfolio on the old site will not carry over here, you will need to re-register, and will log in using a username instead of your email address.